Propellant Processing Lab Manager
Helicon Chemical Company, a developer of advanced nanostructured composite materials, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Propellant Processing Lab Manager.
The full-time position is located in Orlando, Florida USA.
The successful candidate for this position will be the technical point of contact for the formulation, processing and testing of solid propellants and other energetic materials on a laboratory scale to support product development and testing. The Senior Process Engineer will be the technical owner of the lab processes, equipment, operating procedures, tooling, and other facility requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine equipment, facilities and safety requirements for a new solid propellant processing and testing laboratory.
- Implement plans to equip and stand up operations in a new propellant processing and testing lab.
- Prepare and review standard operating procedures (SOPs) for energetics processing operations.
- Apply engineering principles to safely process solid propellants, fuels, and/or explosives for material screening, product development or improvement to meet program requirements.
- Develop new tooling, processes, and techniques.
- May serve as Principal Investigator on both internally and externally funded programs.
- Prepare technical reports detailing work progression and results.
- Provide training to, and review results of experiments and analyses performed by operators.
- Provide labor, equipment, and material estimates for processing/testing work required to support development projects.
- Follow standard practices and safety procedures.
- Make oral presentations outlining/summarizing progress on selected projects and programs to both internal and external customers.
- Wear safety equipment such as respirators or self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Occasionally exert up to 50 lbs. of force in the course of normal work
- 4-year degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum five years’ experience with solid propellants formulating and processing.
- Demonstrated experience in propellant characterization testing methods, including strand burning, mechanical properties testing and subscale rocket motor static firing.
- Strong aptitude in chemical science areas overlapping materials, analytical measurements and physical properties.
- Hands on experience with program/project work in research & development and/or production support.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point
- A working knowledge of energetic material regulations and safe handling/measurement.
Prior military, Defense contractor or U.S. Government background
Current or Prior Security Clearance (Secret or above)
Commensurate with experience level.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Join Our Team!
Submit your resume below.